You are responsible for Master data in the ERP system and you help with initial setup of Product books and Calculators. You will do this task mainly for one company in France. For training you will travel to Belgium and you might be in contact with our other factories.
You will also be involved in the initial setup of different software tools to create a uniform methodology of reporting and administration. These tools are aiding offer making, sales order handling, production, purchasing, logistics and finance & controlling. These tools must contribute to an increase of the volume of work processed without an increase in workload for the employees.
In ERP, your job includes the complete setup of configurations, routings, bill-of-material and Material management in SAP. The work flow in sales, production, purchasing, logistics and finance department depends on this setup. As administrator you have to combine all the information from these departments and translate this into the SAP-system. The setup of data must be aligned with headquarters to have a uniform approach in a global ERP environment.
Product books are a software tool to distribute drawings and information about standard products to the different users. You help during the initial setup as product data is part of your daily business.
Master data in the software used for offer calculation is updated based on the input from the departments costing & controlling and R&D. Master data updated in one system usually requires updates in the other systems. You also help during initial setup of master data in that software.
The team of master data administrators is located in different countries in Europe so your empathy makes communication with others easy-going. A team of 8 people is located in 4 different countries if they are not abroad to assist for a specific production plant.
Task and responsibilities:
- Accurate and complete input in the SAP system, Product books and Calculators;
- Read technical drawings or datasheets and see the influence on master data or processes;
- Verification if codes are compatible with other software and compliant with the current process flows;
- Communicate with all departments to check all received information about updates;
- Create configuration profiles, BOM’s, routings and material codes in all systems;
- Give priority to codes that block the further process flows;
- Alert if requested modifications are incompatible with the system or other requests;
- Adapt existing codes to improve efficiency in other departments;
- You help the ERP-department with master data issues;
- Helpdesk and support regarding master data;
- Report in time if deadlines cannot be achieved or requests remain open.
- You have a Master degree or equal by experience;
- You are open to travel abroad, each time for a short period except during training;
- Experience in maintaining master data in any ERP-system is a plus;
- You turn chaos into structured information;
- You find pleasure in keeping that information up-to-date;
- Your work is extremely accurate and precise;
- You keep deadlines although information is rapidly changing and often incomplete;
- English written and spoken is required. Other languages are a plus (German, Dutch …).
A competitive salary supplemented with diverse & interesting benefits.